Thursday, December 2, 2010

Grand Cayman Driving Adventure




Had a day off today, after working 27 days in the month of November. So I decided to treat myself and fly over to Grand Cayman for the day to do some shopping, touring and have a nice lunch. I rented a car for the day, which was brave of me because in the Caymans they drive on the left and my rental car was a right drive car (see photo). Not so easy for a dyslexic, ha! The wiper control was on the left of the steering column and the turn indicator was on the right – needless to say each time I turned it looked like a rain squall had hit.

I drive the Pirates Point trucks and vans on Little Cayman, but we have just one road, little or no traffic (if you don’t count iguanas) and no traffic lights or traffic circles. Anyway, I did well on the driving – didn’t crash, sideswipe anything or go down any streets the wrong way. I enjoyed shopping at a variety of stores (we have just two stores on all of Little Cayman) and I took myself out to lunch at the Sunset House (pictured), which is on the water on the south end of Georgetown, Cayman’s Capital.

Tomorrow, it’s back to the boat…

No comments:

Post a Comment