Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Buoy Painter Snaps



Our day on the water today became quite exciting when the painter on the mooring at a site called, ironically, "Uncle Lucky's" snapped. Fortunately, Captain Michelle was aboard and saw it release. After a 3-minute safety stop, we rose as a group to the mooring ball and all depoyed our safety sausages. Then Michelle carefully came round to us and I swam up and scrambled onto the boat first. After that some great team work took place recovering all the divers and their equipment in rough seas and 20-knot winds. Bob kept all the divers herded at the mooring; Michelle kept jockeying the boat back to the group; Gay swam buddy teams to the ladder, and I got each buddy team, their cameras and fins aboard and seated. The only temporary casualty was my camera (I wasn't supposed to be working today!), which I tossed as I came aboard because I couldn't hand it up with no one on the back of the boat to get it, and I needed to come aboard and get on with recovering divers ASAP. But one of the other diver operators in the area looked for it and amazingly found it!!! Pictured is the photo they left on my camera when I went over to their resort this afternoon and picked it up. Ha! I'm headed over there tonight to pay up.

No comments:

Post a Comment